Copper alloy hollow cast statue of the princess-priestess Takushit
The statue was found in 1880, in Lower Egypt, on the hill of Kom-Toruga, near Lake Mariut, south of Alexandria. It had ritual, votive, and funerary functions. The use of the statue was ceremonial while the priestess was alive, and was part of the ritual equipment of the sanctuary, in which there was a priestess. After her death, it was used for votive and funerary ends and it decorated her tomb, which, according to the custom of the time, is located within the sanctuary precinct.
Third Intermediate Period, end of 25th Dynasty, ca. 670 BC.
Now in the National Archaeological Museum of Athens